Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Black
Engine: 1995-1997 318ci (5.2L) Natural Gas V8 200hp 430lb/ft
Rep:10
dmoore0210 is on a distinguished road
Default 99 Ram 1500 Dash Replacement

Ive been browsing online looking for a replacement dash, as many have experienced, they crack, and they crack bad. I was proceeding on my new found project, a 99 Ram 1500 4x2 5.2L V8. Bought this truck from a friend of mine, and is my intended project truck for this winter. As in project, i mean new paint, new interior work I.E. new covering on floors (covering meaning, probably not new carpet, probably a different alternative) Now for my question. Has anyone had experience with replacing the dashboard, only need to do the upper portion (under windshield), as i was trying to remove the completely broken free pieces, just breathing on other pieces broke them free accidently, now i no longer have a dashboard to necessarily put an overlay on (the ones that "glue" over, but not familiar with them so not sure if i could actually put one on, and work in a way to fasten onto where the old one once sat.

Any advice, tips, ideas, DIY's, very much welcome. The only dashboard "replacements" i have seen are $400'ish dollars, and a little more than i care to tackle for a dashboard, and the "U-Pick" junk yards, probably wont be much use for a dashboard i imagine.

Thanks all,
Donovan
Sponsored links