View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough
Default The Slow Build

So the build has begun. This build is going to be slow and take place in three phases. As funds allow steps will be completed and I will update this thread. I will also try to report back and answer questions as to long term durability and after install issues. So if you are interested then read along.

PHASE 1: Reliability.

Now my Power Wagon isnt that old. But I wanted to address some issues that are known before the present their ugly heads and leave me on the side of the road or trail. I will also be taking care of some common upgrades as well, things that improve overall performance or just generally make things nice.

[x] K&N Drop In Filter
[x] Magnaflow 18" w/deleted resonator
[x] Line-X bed
[x] Weathertech floor liners
[x] Sonnax Line pressure booster
[ ] 180* Thermostat
[ ] Dynatrac or PP ball joints
[x] Synergy Steering Brace
[x] Bilstien 5100 Steering Stabalizer
[ ] Spyntec Hub Conversion

X - Completed

So as we all know the 2500-3500 trucks tend to get steering wander and have a habit of tearing up steering boxes when lifted. So that is one of the issues I am addressing, as well as the crappy factory ball joints (bad design, to be discussed later). I want a truck with a front end that will last 250k miles with nothing more than regular maintenance, even when lifted.

PHASE 2: Lift and tires

[ ] Synergy 3" with arms and bypass shocks
[ ] All Steering linkage addressed
[ ] 37" Toyo Open Country M/T
[ ] 5.13 Gears(?)
[ ] 55 gallon fuel tank (Titan maybe?)

PHASE 3: Bumpers, Lights, Finish up

[ ] Front Bumper
[ ] Rear winch mount bumper
[ ] lighting
[ ] Rock Rails (functional)
[ ] On Board Air
[ ] Additional skid plating if neccassary

Now like I said this will not be quick, I plan to spead this out over about 3 years as funding allows. But I will continue to update with any little additions or issues I run into too.

Last edited by battlerattle; 09-15-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Sponsored links