View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough
Default MagnaFlow 18" and resonator delete

Ok, no pics...sorry, but its just a muffler. If you really dont know what it looks like you need to trade in your PW for a Prius!!

So I wanted the PW to sound more like a truck, a 2500 shouldnt be able to sneak up on a group of chanting monks without being noticed!

I have had it on for about 500 miles so far. Here is what I think. I love it!

I didnt want it to be to loud (i'm not 16 anymore). It sounds great, nice low grumble at idle, makes some noise when you step on it and fairly mild while cruising. Now I dont have the highly calibrated but dyno that some of you claim (I want the imperial data proving it!), but I really havent noticed any gains or losses in power or mpg. Maybe a little more oomph (and that is a highly technical word) at lower RPM but overall I got it for the sound and am happy with it. Combined with the K&N drop in and conservative driving I am getting 16-16.5mpg on the highway and about 12mpg around town all hand calculated.

Downside: With the resonator removed I will occasionally hit a certain gear/speed/rpm and get a really annoying drone. So far just a burp of the throttle has always taken care of it.