View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I have seen commercials for the Penstar I can't wait until motor trend (Or another publication) tests it out.
I was somewhat interested in the pentastar v6 at first but am no longer impressed. I read that it makes peak power and torque above 6,000rpm. So that 305hp rating is pretty useless in real world driving. It just looks good on paper.

I think it's kind of funny how people say things like "the v6 has the same power as the 4.7L (305hp vs 310hp) and better mpg, so why have the 4.7L?". They overlook the fact that the 4.7L makes nearly 100 lbft more torque, and it makes it's peak power at mid rpms instead of high rpms(so it's actually usable power). And if you put the 8 speed behind the 4.7L and hemi then they will also get 17 city/25 hwy. Hell my 4.7L with the 6 speed gets very close to 17 city now and at least 20 hwy. Have gotten up as high as like 23 hwy before.

V6's will not run as long either due to poorer balancing.
Then the v6 costs more too.....

I'm not impressed with it.

I also read a review of the new ram and overall they liked it but they said they put like 2,500lbs behind the v6/8 speed and it was terrible.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.