Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
Fickle is on a distinguished road
Question Vararam or another CAI?

Well I started a thread a couple days ago about which way to go as far as CAI's, I got a few suggestions one of them being Vararam so I checked out their website, and sent them an email with some questions. It didn't take long for a reply, but they didn't answer my questions, they just gave me a phone number to call. I was almost dead set on getting the Hemi Under Glass kit, until I started poking around seeing what other peoples opinions and or problems were. Many said they had gone back to a more traditional CAI due to poor fitment, the system sucking in water and other debris, and some of that debris getting past the filter due to the poor fit up. I don't like the idea of removing the plastic in the bumper for the ram air tubes to go in, would be nice if there were some sort of aftermarket grille or something you could put over the area to give it some style and keep large debris out. I see a lot of people have the Air Grabber, but after seeing ghostr1der's video on Youtube about how it flops all over and sits crooked, and its only for 09 and up rams, I won't be getting that one either. Still torn about whether to get the Hemi Under Glass kit, does it fit under a scoopless hood (stock)? What is the consensus on this product? Is all the aggravation and what not worth it or should I go with a traditional CAI?
Sponsored links