View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

v6 in general are not as well balanced as v8's, just the nature of them.

You are right, I must have misread or misunderstood, peak torque is at 4800ish rpm like you said. The torque band seems to be decent. Still though peak hp over 6,000 rpm.

I'd have to see proof that they are as fast as the last hemi. 260ish lb ft v6 as fast as a 375ish lb ft v8? I know it has a significantly better trans and gearing, but I don't believe that.

I believe once they turbo it it will be good, but right now it's just not impressive to me.

Put the 8 speed behind the hemi and 4.7 and you'd get nearly the same mpg with tons more power and torque. Can't wait to see how the hemi does with the 8 speed, mpg should be pretty good. Torque and hp will be higher to the wheels as well since the new trans is better(less loss to the wheels).

That review said it struggled with something like 2,500 lbs behind it. I want a truck that can pull 2,500 lbs easily.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 09-20-2012 at 10:16 PM.