Old 09-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SRT
Color: Patriot Blue-Over Lower Driftwood-2-Tone
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Hammerdown is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Has anybody done this Modification that is currently using the K&N Fresh air intake ?

Hello member's
I have a question here... My truck is a 2000 Model with the 5.2 Magnum 318 Engine. Right after I got it in The early spring of 2000 I Placed a K&N Fresh air intake & filter on it. Back then these unit's cost about $310.00 which I Thought was Plenty and This fresh air intake included the plastic fresh air housing snorkel, design that fit's right over the top of my Throttle body fuel injection unit, along with a full Flow Chrome finish K&N exposed Tapered air breather which attaches to the end of the Plastic Fresh air intake tube, getting it's fresh air flow from the left front corner of my Core support. This K&N Fresh air intake package unit also came with a Two sided metal box that mount's around the K&N air breather element up against the outer portion of my Core support, more or less to direct the fresh air flow into the Filter, and has a rubber seal that meet's the hood when it is lowered to perform a tight air box effect. Once I got it all Installed and took it out for a Test Run I noticed Right away, that it had Ton's of more Throttle response from a dead start, Than my Factory stock unit provided butmy Gas Mileage did not seem to increase any. My question is, has anybody here in this Thread Modified their Factory stock Throttle body & is currently using the K&N fresh air set up, Like I have on mine ? I want to be certain that there is a Mileage increase and no Ill effect's in Power or mileage before cutting down the top Portion of my Stock Throttle body Fuel Injection unit. I did read this entire thread and noticed that no one seemed to have this complete K&N Fresh air Package like I have on mine, and I do not want to Modify my existing unit if there is no Mileage gain or if it will Rob Horsepower from my truck or make it run different. Thank's in advance for any advise or comment's here, I appreciate it. Regards, Hammerdown