View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Wow...more news.

Chrysler Regional VP drove 45 miles from Seattle on a sunday morning to look at my truck before the body shop gets hold of it.

He wants the bed, bumpers, hood, fenders, chrome trim, glass and lights removed and the truck stripped and completely repainted. He called me personally said the truck was part of a small batch of 10 trucks whose paint job was bad from the factory. In several places that he saw (I didn't see them, but I can go with it), the base coat had begun lifting from the primer. He asked if it was OK with me if their body shop repaints my truck. (DUH ) 4 weeks to do a color change at a cost for only paint, 1 to re-paint in Brilliant Black Metallic Pearl (factory original). Time difference is due to how much they have to paint to match (under carpet, inside engine bay, etc) if they change color. He wants it done right so all the removal and reinstallation of all components will take place either way. Its getting a complete repaint so they aren't just doing spot repairs and blending all over the truck. I asked if they could smooth out any dings when they do it and he said they will.

I told him to keep it factory and do whatever he feels necessary. Unbelievable customer service.

I should see if they will paint all my interior silver trim black...

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 09-23-2012 at 03:35 PM.