Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 95 & 98 1500 Ram 4x4s
Trim Level: SLT & Sport
Color: 1 Blk,1 Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:36
Screamintrashcan is on a distinguished road

Try this, mine are cheaper here than rockauto.com Rock autos' will never rust thru, tho, as they are REALLY thick, you could weld them on with a stick welder, if you didn't blow thru the orig steel. http://www.fixmyrust.com/Category/10 has decent shipping rates, too. at least for me, being about 750 miles away. $11 shipping for rear wheel arches. I bought my crimper puncher on ebay, used but like new, for $20 or so. Pneumatic. It works wonderfully, as long as you're patient and get your cuts and crimps in the right places, I set the panel in place, hung it on ducttape, drew a line around its periphery, laid masking tape around the inside of the sharpie line, and then drew a line on the duct tape 3/8 " to the inside of that, cut the body on that line, and went around and crimped the body panel all the way around. I had to whack the corners in, with a hammer and dull chisel, to make the corners crimp, as the tool doesn't do outside corners. I punched a hole about every 1 1/2 "or so in the patch, for wirefeed. a diegrinder cutoff wheel works good for cutting, but buy about 20 or 30 3" wheels for it.I had to push from the inside out to get good welds, if you push inward, it doesn't work as well. remember to skip around all over the place, to keep warpage minimal. 3 m makes a real good paint remover wheel, for about $10, available via walmart Sandpaper is cheap for 5" and 6" da's on ebay, in bulk, and what you don't use, you can resell there, again. I like 3m and norton, I'm neutral on stickyback vs velcro.