Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
NASATrucker is on a distinguished road
Default My "NO BUS" experience is Airbag Control Module

Although this looks like an older thread, let me add my recent experience:

Out of the blue, I got the "NO BUS" error, with all instrument clusters not working. Everything else seemed to work fine and the truck still ran fine.

I went thru the service manual procedure, at least as much as I could (sorry, I don't have a DBIII scanner). Took it to the local Dodge dealer and they reprogrammed the PCM, and other modules. During this, they said it **appeared** the AirBag Control Module was at fault, but after re-programming it, thie issue fixed itself.....they ran it/started it several times and no errors. I just picked it up this morning and it all still appears normal. The labor cost was $150 (1.5 hours), but WELL worth it to check something I could not w/o a $9000 scanner (oscilloscope). From what I found, the data bus is piped thru many difference modules and any one could be the culprit. Damned cars/trucks with everything computerized is a service nightmare after a few years - in my case the truck is a 2000 WITH ONLY 54K miles. Good luck to anyone with "NO BUS"......