Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
neuman22 is on a distinguished road
Default Hosed on extended warranty

So I had my '09 Ram 4x4 at the dealership last week to get a few things done, mainly to have the 4 inch Mopar lift installed, but also to get my rear power sliding window fixed since it would not close. I opened it one day to let the dog hang her head out the window while in the backseat and when I tried to close it the window wouldn't move. I ended up taking the guide wire loose and sliding it closed by hand because the window would not move even while pushing on it and depressing the switch on the overhead console at the same time. Well the service guy calls me after they're all done and tells me that the motor is working but the track wire is broken and the window needs to be replaced because its stripped where the guide wire attaches. BUT...... those parts are not covered under the extended warranty. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! Okay.... so I ask how much is it to fix? $600..... uh nah, I'll pass, especially since I just spent $1600 to have you install my lift, do a brake job on all 4 brakes, and replace the rear rotors. Then I figure I'll just do it myself so I ask how much the parts cost. $300..... once again, nah.... just leave it.

So when I got home I pulled out the paperwork for my lifetime extended warranty and it says verbatim under "COVERAGE UNER THE PLAN: WHAT IS COVERED" MOPAR ACCESSORIES: The following Mopar accessories are covered provided they were installed by a Chrysler authorized facility; (bunch of other stuff) Power Sliding Rear Windows (trucks). I decided to call Chrysler's customer service and see what they say. I explain the issue to them and they tell me the same BS that the cable and window are not covered. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! So I asked what was covered and the guy tells me that only the motor is coverd. At this point I'm trying to keep from coming unglued on the poor guy. I asked him if the wire was included in the motor assembly and of course he didn't know. So I point out the wording to him in the service contract which he obviously has no control over since that's handled by the lawyers and VP's at Chrysler, to which he agreed was BS.

So to sum things up I got screwed on this one. Guess I'll pull my rear seat out this weekend and see if I can find a way to reattach the guide wire, and I'm sure I can epoxy it back into guide rail on the window. If not, I'm sure there's a junkyard around that has those parts.
Sponsored links