Old 09-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1994 DODGE RAM 1500 SLT 2WD
Trim Level: SLT LONG BED
Color: SILVER (AT THE MOMENT)
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
AROD is on a distinguished road
Cool New aftermarket LED brake lights???

Hey Ya'll, I'm AROD from North Carolina. I'm an out of work Automotive Technician and I have a question that I know one of ya'll smart people out there can help me (because I don't know the answer) Anyway, I ordered a set of aftermarket LED tail lights for my 94 Ram 1500 (that I'm going to turn into an aggressive sport truck) and I'm not 100% sure how to hook them up. The tail lights have 2 spots for my stock bulb sockets just like the stock tail lights but here is where I get confused. The new LED lights also have 2 red wires and 2 black wires on each tail light. Of course they didn't come with instructions and all I know about LED lights is that you must disconnect the battery while installing or you could "toast" them which goes with wiring in any thing electrical. There are only 3 wires going to the socket for the brake light bulb. I have never hooked up a set of these is the only reason I don't know where to wire what. I look forward to hearing from the "RAMAHOLICS" out there who have installed these types of lights before. Thank Ya'll and I look forward to hearing from ya'll soon! Gotta go outside now and do some land clearing of the thick brush for a few hours, but will be checking back periodically! Thanks Ya'll, AROD
Sponsored links