View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Express
Rep:97
mikennrg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlGrizz View Post
I'll be taking posession of my new 1500 Express Hemi this Fri !!! Stoked is an understatement . Now, should I decide to do an S&B CAI upgrade,will I need to do an exhaust mod as well to get the most out of the air box? I'm an old school motor head from the 70s/80s. Back in the day,when carbs ruled the world,if you wanted to let more in,you had to give it a place to go. I've been searching all these CAI and exhaust threads and it's pretty daunting. My wife is concerned I'm regressing back to my drag racing days,lol. She sees this whole RAM thing as an excuse to rattle the windows and tourment the buzz bombers with the bubble pipes and primer paint jobs,hee hee. Imports on parade . I never will understand the tuner mind set. Anyhow, I do know cold air is preferable to hot air. I always ran better ETs in the fall when the air cooled and dried out some. But,what gains can be expected in conjunction with an exhaust mod in a RAM?
Ummmm they just enjoy modifying their autos just like we do. I hate this mentality. As much as I love my RCSB Express my EG Civic with a H22 motor is a second and a half faster on the quarter mile. No turbo, no nos, and a stock tune.