Old 09-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:73
IN2H2O will become famous soon enough

I finally got around to this project this morning. I dropped the sway bar and links off the truck first thing and then took a drive to go get parts. I wanted to see if it still made any noise, and possibly how it rode without it altogether. The ride was silent and the sway was liveable but not something I would really want to ditch prematurely. I also got a chance to place the sway bar on a flat surface and check that it was still straight/square; and it is.

I picked up two brand new MOOG links and a set of bushings. When I installed them, I ran into the same issue as before with the sway bar bottoming out on the passenger side first. The issue is with the curb height of the truck. The passenger side sits 5/8" lower than the drivers side. Nothing is bent and the truck has never been in a major accident so I am writing it off to uneven coil spring sag.

I shimmed the drivers side link so that they land evenly and that's that. Time will tell I guess. At least this way I won't be putting constant preload on the drivers side link.

The MOOG links have a somewhat dissapointing seal on the lower link and both were pretty dry so I will need to step up my maintenance as well. I have to admit that I've gotten lazy at greasing my front end. My first truck had 13 grease points that I hit every 3500 miles but this truck didn't have any until I started adding them and I just keep forgetting to add it back in to the service list.