Old 09-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT QD CAB Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
DodgeRamMan71 will become famous soon enough

I use to complain about my MPG, but then again this is my first RAM/truck. Some people embellish the truth sometimes also. If I drove upwards of 70% hwy I could get well over the 16 mpg. There are so many factors to consider when talking about our RAM and MPG's. Did you have running boards, step bars added. Bullbar, a cap, etc. All weight added. Do you dive less than 5 miles to work? I drive like 3 miles to work. For this year so far I am averaging 13.8 MPG's. That is all driving and I do not go by the dash readout. That is real miles divided by real gallons put in. I log every drop of gas that goes in. I have done so since I bought my RAM May 11, 2010. I want to know if something starts to mess up, I can see what I am getting as far as MPG's go. I averaged 13.5 last year, so I am ahead, so far. Now if I just take into account the trips I have taken, that changes the story. I have gotten a low of 16 mpg and a high of 19 mpg on the highway. The low was 5 people and luggage also it was in the winter time below freezing most all the way from Ohio to Mississippi. If you want better MPG's, get a car. You will not see better until they start getting all the 8-speed transmissions and grill shutters, etc added. We are driving 2.5 tons of beast around and it is thirsty. I love my RAM. It may suck 7-9 months out of the year, but when a real hard winter sets in, I do not want anything else to drive except my RAM 4x4 Hemi.