View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:309
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Well the HD, full done (which I will have the aftermarket parts already ordered when i buy the truck) will literally be 2.5x as expensive as the 1500. The difference is I DO expect the diesel to live at least 2.5 times as long as the 1500... i hope lol. Its still gonna be a few months if I do decide on the 2500, but Im having dreams of coal rolling Honda Civics on the highway street racing out here so its keeping the motivation alive hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
100% of the voters have selected the 25/3500.

What are you waiting for!!!!
You just dont want me to help the Anti-Canadian invasion fund

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
diesel, heavier duty automatic transmission or get the standard stick, better larger diameter rear end, heavy duty frame
capable of being easily modded
rougher ride

it is a lot to think about
It would def be an auto, the stick would be fun but im not dealing with OC/LA traffic with a stick in a truck.. I did it in the Camaro before the 4spd Lenco that I have now that its really a nightmare, not to mention those diesel clutches get pretty stiff for a modded truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
2500 FTW! Without a doubt.
I don't tow much too but will want a 2500 diesel for the simple reason of power and tunes
Sounds a lot like what im thinking...

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING