Old 10-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:13
FDRam01 is on a distinguished road

Try cleaning your idle air control valve. My 98 Dak and now my 01 Ram did that and I removed the throttle body and took the IAC out and cleaned the valve tip and IAC port with carb cleaner to remove the carbon build up. You should check your MAP and TPS sensor. Check the voltage on the TPS by back probing the center wire on the TPS with you positive multimeter lead and put negative to a good ground. Turn the key to Ing on engine off with the throttle close it should read about .7 VDC and at WOT it should be about 4.5-5 VDC. Move the throttle slowly through its range and make sure it doesn't blank out. If it does replace it. Your MAP sensor is tested the same way. Back probe the center wire and a good ground. Again turn the key th ING on engine off you should have 4-5 VDC with the engine off. With the engine running at idle it should be about 1.5-2VDC. Hope this helps. It take a bit the do some trouble shooting but it will keep you from tearing your hair out. do the TPS and MAP testing before you remove the TB.

Last edited by FDRam01; 10-02-2012 at 04:22 PM.