View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about
Default DIY 2009 CAI tips and tricks?

Ok. I am thinking about doing this as my first do yourself mod. on my 4.7l 2009. I am looking for any extra info (or pics) of the details of going this. I have seen the other threads but they generally show the finished (or near finished) product and not the details.

I'm look for instructions on what specs others had to take. Specifically, what do you do with the AIT. Is it easy to relocate into the new CAI. I was thinking of drilling a hole in one of the tube with a spade tip drill bit and then putting in a rubber grommet if I can find (anyone know where I can find an appropriate size grommet).

Also what do you do with the vacum tube/breather hose attached to the stock intake? I thought I might use a pvc tube with a screw in clean out port and install a hose adapter I can clamp too in the port cover? Any other ideas?

If I do this I'll doccument thuroughly.

Also anyone know the warrenty status doing such a mod? I've also been debating a K/N cone filter or if I should use a high flow dry filter because of the theoretical warrenty issue there (although it may be moot if I would void the warrenty anyway). Incidentally has anyone actually had a problem at a dealer with having a oiled drop in filter or is that issue not really inforced. It seem pretty absurd to say a high quality filter such as a K/N would void your warrenty.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.
Sponsored links