Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
mEasy27 is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Leak

I had my truck in the garage for a couple months now. I am selling it, so i was doing some stuff to make sure its as reliable as possible.. I replaced all the valve stem seals. While doing this, i unplugged a couple sensors and unplugged various vacuum hoses to make room for myself between the head and the brake master cylinder.. After everything was buttoned back up, i went to started it. at first it started and but then stalled after maybe a second. then it would just crank and barely fire, but not enough to hold an idle.. Then i noticed a gas smell. when i looked, i had gas pouring out from the top of the gas tank. dont know why all of a sudden its leaking.. Im thinking maybe i have some vac lines wrong, mainly the ones that run form that solenoid looking thing on the back of the driverside valve cover to the evap canister.. but it could just be bad fuel lines. Im reluctant to think that because i havent had issue with it before and it isnt weathered, because its been in my garage. Has anyone else had this issue..
Sponsored links