View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSHSLAX View Post
I'm familiar with that message. I've been reading up on CAI's as much as possible but my budget is ... well, zero. I could swing something homemade though since the only real expense is the filter.

Do you know if the IAT screws in or just slides in tight (never removed it before, I suppose I could just to experiment). It is just slide in. But it has basically a barb that keeps it in there. Much care is needed when removing it. Basically make sure if you do wiggle it, you keep it as straight as possible as the tip can be broken off. Here is an image of it. The arrow pointing to IAT sensor is pointing right at the area that rests inside the grommet. You can see it jut gets pushed into the grommet enough for that barbed area to catch.

Haden't thought about using a small fiter on the breather. Incidentally, what does it do? The breather allows for pressure from the crank case to be vented. When the gases are vented on your stock intake, they go from the tube into the intake again and get reburned. A small filter just means the gases are not being burned a second time.

Also, I forgot ask, any tips on removing the hat? I can only see one bolt, and then it is attached to the TB? Is that all or are there any other hidden attachments?

This is from a 2003 4.7. There are the 2 bolts pictures and the collar on the TB

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope this helps, any more questions let me know.