Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Go ManGo
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:20
RTICWOLF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
I really like the look of the S&B intake, to me it looks cleaner then my Volant. Only thing I can see that I like about my Volant more is the Powercore filter, I'm torn about oil filters and normal paper ones don't do it for me. Our tractors use Powercore filters and they blow out easy and look almost brand new. My truck doesn't see 10% of the dirt/dust a tractor does and we've got one from 2003 we're still using that looks brand new after a blow out.

Not trying to distract from the S&B though, it makes the engine compartment look cleaner than the Volant. The Volant sits so far forward and the S&B seems to be basically in the stock position. Really excited to see what you think of the new air scoop add on for it.
I actually had the Volant, prior to the Powercore filter....so I cannot speak to that, but I certainly love my S&B much better than I did the Volant when I had that. I do like the Powercore filter though....seems it would be easy to clean and looks like it works well.

I too look forward to getting the scoop....will also post my review once I have it and use it for a bit of time. I am just waiting for the 3G version to be released....so my review will be on the 03-08 trucks.
GO ManGo! #10097