Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 2500 Quad cab 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Atlantic Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:140
DOZER will become famous soon enoughDOZER will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to DOZER Send a message via Skype™ to DOZER

I had a similar issue with my 06 2500 qc 4x4 that I bought used with 51000 miles on the clock. On the highway at speeds above 60mph when I hit a good bump the front would vibrate. Felt like the axel is going over a washboard. It would stop after a short time, or if I hit the brakes. It started very mild at first and I chalked it off to a heavy truck. After a couple of months it was so bad it felt like the whole front end was coming off. I took it to the dealer and they told me it needed upper and lower ball joints on both sides, an axel shaft that was frozen AND tires since the truck calls for LT tires and the ones on there are passenger tires. I said well those are the tires that YOU sold me the truck with and why didn't anyone check the front end BEFORE I purchased the truck? The guy says "It's tough to tell if an axel is bad with an inspection." I said maybe so but the ball joints should have been obvious AND you failed my last truck for wheel bearings...
Thankfully the ball joints and axel were covered by the warrenty I got with the truck. I told them dont worry about the tires that I was getting new wheels and tires soon and I already have new shocks and a leveling kit waiting. $150 deductable and I was out the door and good to go, or so I thougt... The vibration was still there although greatly reduced. I went back to let them know and talked to the service manager and we both agree that at this point it is probably the tires. I tell him to put a note in my file because after I get my new tires, shocks and level put on I will be back if the vibration is not gone and they are NOT going to try and tell me it's the leveling kit! I put the tires and wheels on and it went away. What kind of tires do you have? Once I put on 10ply LT tires mine went away.
'06 2500 ST 4x4 Quad cab, Vararam CAI, Bed/Hood stripes, Vent visors, Bully tailgate lock, Moto Metal 909 18x9, Nitto Terra Grapplers 295/70/18 HBS 2" level, Bilstein 5100's, Bushwhacker flares, 5000K HID's, Diablo Trinity 87 tune, LineX, Bakflip F1.