View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Well there are some intakes that have enclosed boxes that would be the way to go. Honestly the stock intake is pretty good with one downfall. It has a nice large filter in an enclosed box but draws air from the fender well which draws air through a ~1" hole near the headlight. Many people use a drop in high flow filter, and just run a tube from the inlet of the stock airbox to somewhere like under the bumper to get more airflow(and cold air). Some also replace the resonator(between the airbox and throttle body but this does very little for performance, it's mostly for looks. If you get a drop in filter ~$50 and just run a different pipe from the airbox you'd be as good as any other intake(maybe even better). I use an airaid dry drop in(oil less) and have the airaid modular intake tube(mainly for looks like I said above) and run a tube down under the bumper(temporary). I plan on making a ram air scoop out of FG or alum one day to feed the stock airbox. This would be better than any CAI on the market.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.