Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 07 Diesel 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: silver
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
tmccue is on a distinguished road
Default 6.7 Check Engine Light and Dead Pedal

two days ago i went to merge onto the highway and no power. i could hear the injectors pumping away so i let off the gas pulled onto the shoulder before i got hit and turned the truck off for a minute. turned the truck back on and it ran fine for about 5 min until the check engine light turns on. the truck still runs fine but still the light is on. i took it the a friend at the dodge dealer and he pulled the Code it said it was a Clogged DPF filter. My friend told me he has had to change numerous DPF filters and thats what he said it needed.

So i take it back to the Ford Dealer since i bought the truck used about 1 month ago and its still under there 60 Day warranty. however on the drive there the check engine light turned off. i Get to the Ford Dealer and they said they will check it. they called me later that day saying it doesnt need the DPF Filter and that code was a False Code and what it really needs is a simple EGR valve part. this sounds to me they are trying to make up a cheap fix and get me out to get me through till the warranty is up.

Please if anyone has any knowledge of this or is the Ford Dealer a bunch of scamers
Sponsored links