Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 ram 1500
Trim Level: Base
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
80strucksrule7 is on a distinguished road
Default Tough situation Need advice!!!

Howdy y'all need some major advice, the situation: bought a 2007 ram 1500 longbed 3.7 v6 6 speed and boy is this thing tha shit but I bought it from Carmax and that may be where I went wrong. The truck only has 25000 miles on it and 1 owner and a clean carfax so if figured I couldnt go wrong. Well now bassicly when iv been driving for usually it takes about 40 minutes so when it's nice and hot you can hear a faint whirr- whirr - whirr between 50 and 55. That's the small problem the big one is when in gear there is a knocking noise weather I'm bogging it, on the powerband, or flooring it. I believe it is a transmission issues or transmission bearing issue more specifically. My reasoning is if the clutch is engaged so only motor running bassicly it Won't make the noise. If you are in nuteral revving it or in any gear you can hear it which means it can't be the rear end or drive shaft. The noise sounds like when you going up a rollercoaster knock knock knock. And if you floor it the knocking quickens. I bought Carmax extended warranty and I first brought it in they said it was the alternator and replaced it. Well it's still doing it and because it only does it when hot after a long drive they can't hear it so they wOnt touch the tranny. I'm at a lose as what to do I love the truck and bought it to get out of my ranger with tranny issues so please ... HELP!!!!
Sponsored links