View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Welcome to the forumz! If you haven't already you should pop into the Newbie thread and introduce yourself. You need to decide whether you want an all-terrain tire or a mud tire. The mud tire is going to be the meaner, more aggressive looking tire but an all-terrain tire is going to give you better all around performance on the road and probably in winter weather too. I would say if you don't do any real or regular off-roading an all-terrain tire will be the best choice. That doesn't mean you can't go with a mud tire.....just that you are going to be sacrificing a little bit of performance for appearance. The Duratrac pictured above is called an all-terrain I believe but it is almost a hybrid. It's one of the most aggressive A/Ts you will find. Other good A/T tires are the Cooper Zeon LTZ, Nitto Terra Grappler, Toyo Open Country A/T, Hankook Dynapro ATM, and the BFG A/T KO.

On 2006-up trucks with the coilover front suspension the general rule is that 285 is the widest that will run without at least slight rubbing or without running spacers. So you should be able to run the 285/60 just fine. It is likely you would need 1/4" spacers to run the 295/60/20. You could probably also run the 35x12.50x20 with 1/4" spacers but that's a 35" tall tire and is really going to stuff the fenders on a stock truck. I would look into at least leveling the front end if you want to run a 35" tire.

Hope that helps and let us know what you decide!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.