Thread: help please
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
bigpapa85 is on a distinguished road

Its not to hard of a job two bolts per side and some man power to get the rail out lol . What makes it hard for me was the fact i just got done working all day and it was around 11 pm when i got out there to do it .Also the fact i am only 5.4 and have to sit under the hood lol . Now this did fix my mane problem of back firing and bucking all over the place tell yesterday . I was on my way to my father inlaws when i was running around 70 mph and it started bucking again and now throwing a code for misfire is 1 and 8 but only when hitting that speed other then that the trucks still runs like a new truck with no problems . I did recheck the ohms in the injectors all 8 and they read 13 each so all working right now . I also rechecked the intake and all is dry and clean . i also took it to a shop and had the lifters checked and all is good there compression every cylinder holds around 168 psi . at this point i thank its a bad cat or o2 sensor or maybe something to do with the tb spacer the last po had installed . also even tho the truck is running like new and has a lot more power then it did the day i bought it i still don't have the power to spin the tires and there stock size tires witch it should spin with out a problem . If anybody else has an ideal shoot it at me and i can give it a try and if i come up with the complete answer i will post back what it was