View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I used to run the cooper zeon LTZ but absolutley hated em in snow and mud. I run the cooper discover S/T maxx and will never run another tire again. I have over 40K on em now and probably have another 10K-15K to go and i run em year round. My LTZ were only lasting maybe 35K if i was lucky. I do a lot of pulling though so that will wear em quicker.
WOW I'm surprised to hear the 35k mile limit. I think I have like 20-25k miles on mine and they have almost no wear. Like you said though use matters, I drive pretty easy usually and live in FL(no hills, etc) where tires usually go bad from dry rot...

I got 80k miles on my last set of firestone firehawks on my s10 before selling it and they are still on the truck with another 20k miles on them. They are nearly bald now. Mostly tire life is dependent on the driver.

I believe you on the mud/snow aspect as my coopers seem to suck when wet out. NO TRACTION whatsoever. The compound might just have gotten hard from some burnouts though because it was good when wet initially...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.