View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 dodge ram 2500 megacab 5.
Trim Level: heavy duty LARAMIE
Color: red
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
MARINEMEGACAB06 is on a distinguished road
Default ..... Rear drive shaft is gone .....

hey guys, hope this is the correct place to ask this. i'll try to sum up the history. i have a 2006 2500 5.9 megacab, since day one it vibrated through out the truck, felt it in the steering wheel, the floor boards & the head rest actually shook when i hauled my aluminum triton 3 place atv trailer. well, i would have to say over the course of a few years, i've taken it to the dealer apprx. 10+ times on the vibration alone...they said they were aware of the problem but no fix apprx. 2yrs. ago was the last time i took it to the dealer for this problem & was told by there #1 mech. that the dodges were made to vibrate a little blah blah blah. so i took it as a "sorry but go eff yourself" well now fast forward to last night & a BIG BOOM BANG RATTATAFRIGGAFRATMOTHRFUKERBITBANGBEEEM...best way i can type the way it sounded. the female spline yoke assembly attatched to the trans, end & also attatched to the rear drive shaft, flew out the back & was almost impaled in the kids play ground fence, THANK GOD OR SOMEBODY THAT IT WAS AT NIGHT & NO KIDS WERE PLAYING. guys i need advice, phone #'s, contacts, ETC... i stopped by a shop, they said something about dodge revamping whole drive train system, saying it was not heavy duty enough from stock & that there is no recalls & it will probably run me 3000+ smoolaaas to upgrade it. i feel the dealer should fix free of charge due to the fact that from day one i complained of this. please help thank you. NEWBIE
Sponsored links