Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
sself510 is on a distinguished road
Default Aftermarket Torque Converter Issue

I installed a circle d TC with a 3000-3200 stall. Once installed, I noticed an immediate issue off the line with the new converter. when I tried to power brake it and bring it up to the new stall, the RPM's stopped at 2500 and would bounce at 2500 give or take a 100 RPM's, never reaching the higher stall, or having the feeling of the vehicle attempting to spin the tires or move forward. Then I also tried a WOT take off from a dead stop, needless to say that didnt work either. It once again jumped up to 2500 RPM's and would bounce the RPM'S slightly moving the vehicle, and once I reached 5-10 mph it would jump to the new stall and take off like it was supposed to. I can part throttle it from a stop and once I exceed 5-10 mph I can then WOT it without experiencing any problems, but only doing it that way will bypass the issue. I havent been able to figure out the problem, and cannot find anyone else experiencing the issue.

I contacted circle d and was told it wasnt the TC it was in their opinion a fail safe in the computer not liking to amount of slip happening with the new TC. But they didnt know what I could do to fix the issue, and only heard of this problem one other time, but didnt know what was done to fix the issue.

So being very upset and not knowing what to do about the problem, I reinstalled the factory TC and do not experience any issues.

If anyone can help me figure out what is going on i would greatly appreciate it, I am open to any suggestions except tearing into the transmission.
Sponsored links