View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 dodge ram 1500
Color: silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
4 bratsdad is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 ram1500 3.7 realistic mileage?

hello guys im new to the sight and need some advice, im thinking about purchasing this vehicle ive never owned a dodge or a vehicle newer than a 96, ive heard that the motors can easily go 300-400k these days with proper maintenance, ive been shopping around for a couple weeks this truck has high miles 196K, ive driven it for an hour or so hard crawled underneath no leaks, no noises, it doesnt have a scratch on it, its basically showroom condition and its the nicest truck ive driven out of the last 30 or so rams f150s and a couple silverados mostly 1999-2001 models and all over 130k, unfortunately its my price range, ive got about 65 to spend, but ive got this guy down to $3900, he was at 46,its 2wh drive, auto shortbed, new tires, no bells whistles, all my buddies are saying run from all of these, im told this was a one owner, and it was obviously taken care of i guess im trying to talk myself into it, am i crazy? im planning on traveling the highway from illinois to louisiana for a move and using it as a daily driver and work truck, no real towing it does have the heater issue that ive read so much on here about cold air blowing on drivers side, im not too concerned about that, please would love to hear some opinions from you dodge guys ,thanks!
Sponsored links