Old 10-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 RAM
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:64
NWRQC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromFordtoRAM View Post
Always call them first. So far my dealership has had no problem with a new CAI, HIDs or a muffler swap. I did call before each mod though. Better safe than sorry!
The only problem with that is, unless its in writting it becomes your word against theirs in the event that something happens. Or if the "mod friendly" people that you have been communicating with leave or get fired you are back to square one.

OP, welcome and as far as the tuners go, they leave fingerprints in the ECM and if something were to go wrong and dodge did a little digging they will find them. Not to say that they would blame the issue on the tuner, but it's a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
ANY & EVERY modification CAN potentially void your warranty.

Having a cordial relationship with your dealership goes a long way. Get to know the suits and people that matter at your purchase/servicing dealership and build a strong relationship with them. Believe me - from personal past experiences - having the dealership backing you should issues arise, makes the claims process a LOT easier.

However, remember also that if you dealership/ manufacturer claims your particular modification has damaged a particular OEM part, and you have to pursue extreme measures, the burden of proof is on them, not you.

Finally, learn the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act and how it governs warranties on consumer purchased aftermarker products....and its limitations.

Good luck.