Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn, 5.7 hemi
Color: BRILLANT BLACK CREW CAB
Rep:172
FDBDW has a spectacular aura aboutFDBDW has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shears View Post
ya I'm wanting to get mine all black except the cross i want inferno red. not sure if i want to get mine sandblasted and painted, buy a new one, or get it powdercoated. got to see which one is cheaper.
Im not 100% on this, but I am pretty sure you cant powder coat plastic . But you do have some options. Selling the chrome grille and insert should be a quik sale, use the money to buy a black insert and a primer shell , then have the shell painted to match. Or just have your grille and insert painted. When I was looking to paint my grille it was about 50/50 on shops that said they could or couldnt paint the chrome grille, so you may have to shop around. The reality is , these grilles are chrome plastic so they can be painted. Good luck
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,