View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Silver
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:69
HEMI450HP will become famous soon enough

You are right down the street from me. The mini max is a great programmer, so you will be very happy with that. You dont need a delete pipe with bungs, but having them just makes the install look a little cleaner. I dont have bungs in mine, so I just zip tied the sensors out of the way. The tuner will get rid of any codes related to the DPF, so there is no harm in just tying those senors up out of the way.

As for your stock setup, the dpf and cat are worth good money. The material inside them is very expensive, so guys take them to the scrap yard for good money. I know of guys paying as much as $600 for the stock cat and dpf. You shouldnt need it to get inspected down here, but I would hang onto it just in case.

As for the EGR, I would get rid of that as well while you are in there. The EGR is actually worse for the motor than the DPF system. The EGR will dump alot of junk back into your motor which can build up in your intake system, manifold, and turbo. I had to replace the turbo on my 08 3500 because of this.