Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Sunburst Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
HemiJack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxbrittox View Post
Does it matter what synthetic you use? There aren't any places (within like 10 miles) that sell the Amsoil. I may need to just have them put regular oil or syntec blend in it until I can get the Amsoil. My oil change is due and I wanted to get it done before I drive another 200 miles this weekend. Although I've went over 2,000 miles before in my prev vehicle.

Youd think synthetic would be better [overall] for the vehicle. I'm not sure though, Ken.

I bought my new Hemi Truck in 2005. I got a free oil change from the Dealer and had it done at 3000 miles. When 6000 miles rolled around I switched to Amsoil. To this day I have 78,000 miles on the Truck and it still runs strong. I drive a little over 13,000 miles a year just going back & forth to work. I usually put about 18K to 19K miles a year on the truck.
I've been a user of Amsoil since 1992. I bought my other Dodge truck new in 1986. In 92 I converted it to Amsoil. I had the truck for 19 years until 2005 when I bought the one I have now. When I sold my old 86 it had 223,000 miles on it. The friend of mine who bought it kept using Amsoil in it. He recently sold the 86 to some one else. He told me it had 289,000 miles on it with no major engine work to the truck.
The motor in my old 86 was the 318 cubic inch. It had a carburetor on it instead of fuel injection. The only 2 major repairs I had to do was a Water Pump & an Alternator. I did rebuild the carburetor 1 time. The rest was just normal routine maintenance that you do on any car or truck you own.
As far as the engine goes, the Heads were never removed. Of course I used the Amsoil fuel treatment at different intervals of the truck's life. About all the lubricants I used were Amsoil......Tranny fluid, Rear Differential Oil, Fuel Treatment, Power Steering ...etc.
The only things that weren't Amsoil were the Anti-Freeze and Brake Fluid. Other than that, the old Truck was in good mechanical condition when I sold it. So when I sold it to my friend I wanted him to remain my friend.........if you know what I mean?