Vehicle: 2004 Ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Newy is on a distinguished road
Default True-dual exhaust

Hey rammers...
I have a 04 dodge ram 4.7, few weeks ago i put a true dual system on it, but i cheaped out on it and put 12$ glass packs on it, to make it worse they guy who put them on, put them on backwards, to make it louder. I did notice that my HWY mpg went up dramatically, i want from 16 to 22 mpg hwy, and when i went to my cabin, i drove a lot more than i usually do, and i barely ate threw gas. only used 1/2 tank to drive nearly 350 miles.

Any who this is my problem, in city i have noticed a DROP in fuel economy due to the fact that i have no back pressure ( im assuming). And when i drive up a hill, i need to floor it to go anywhere, feels gutless. also its TO LOUD. i like loud exhaust but this is to much.

So im thinking of upgrading to the flowmaster 50 Series. Due to the "increase fuel economy hp and torque" so im wondering, should i get a 2 in 2 out but it wont be "true-dual" or shall i run 2 (1 in 1 out) mufflers and keep the true dual. The reason i ask that is, i want the fuel econ on the hwy, but more power. If i run 2 in 2 out will i loose alot of the hwy mpg or will it stay same, or should i keep it true dual.
Sponsored links