View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

By my standard, no, but I've been doing this for almost 20 years. It's really a matter of confirming the problem, pulling the intake and replacing the gaskets. If this is the problem, I recommend ordering new intake bolts because the front two are prone to corroding and breaking during removal. The good news is that the remaining stud typically comes out with nothing more than a pair of Vise Grips. This is also an excellent time to replace the cap, rotor and wires (I'm not sure by your first post if you have done it or were looking for validation about replacing them). The only special tool you really need is an inch-pound torque wrench for the plenum pan itself.