Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by voisineka View Post
Ok, so just like 1,000's of Dodge Ram owners who have had their dash boards cracked and ruined from a wide variety of explanations (heat/cold, expansion/contraction, screws too tight, defective plastics, pissed off about something, etc.) I have FINALLY decided to delve into replacing the whole damn thing. For about 7 years I have dealt with bits of dashboard cracking, bouncing around, then falling off. It was about 1 year ago when I just snapped everything off that didn't involve any tools to remove it. Today I made my trip to the auto salvage yard and picked up almost all of the replacement pieces for $75. The only thing I was not able to get was an undamaged dash bezel (surprise, surprise). And while I have the dash torn apart I am going to replace the leaking heater core and a/c evaporator core.

I am not a mechanic but I do consider myself to be fairly mechanically inclined (at least to the point where I am willing to try anything once - although sometimes I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not). The removal of the pieces at the salvage yard proved interesting enough, and I can only imagine that it will be exponentially more challenging to put everything back without breaking it.

Having seen and read a number of threads asking about cracked dashes and replacing or repairing or covering them, I figured that I would chronicle my adventure into this uncharted territory (for me anyways). I have included some "before" pictures for your viewing pleasure. For those interested in following along, I will post updates and pictures as the project gets underway. I'm not exactly sure when I will begin, but at the latest I hope it's no farther out than next weekend. Oh, and for the record, I have a 2000 Ram 1500 5.9L Laramie SLT.

To be continued ...
Looking good friend! Nothing ventured, nothing gained I always say.
Hey, BTW ...hook up with us on the Maine post and read and post along with your homies. Don't forget to put youraelf on the map. We want to get a showing in Maine on it. Talk soon neighbor.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....671#post920671