View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:145
sowardcustoms will become famous soon enoughsowardcustoms will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM EM View Post
Because price comparison is'nt even close once you factor in decent shocks. Stock shocks are not designed to to operate in a lowered position. They will fail, it's just a matter of when, not if.
I don't agree what are you going to pay for the relocator bracket when or if BT ever comes out with one? I doubt they are just going to ship them for free.. I have bought four Mcgaughys kits in the past five years and have never had a problem with the factory shocks.. I dont think you are giving these oem shocks a chance they are much better than they were in the past. I have worked in chrysler parts on the tech counter for 15 years and have never seen one fail on lowered applications.. My father has a 2008 Ram with almost 90,000 miles with a Mcgaughys 2-4 drop still has the same factory shocks never had one fail.. The only time I personally have seen one fail is on extreme drops or airbag dropped trucks. Had a 1998 frontier with airbags in the front relocated Beltech shocks and they failed because I drove it to low all the time and the shocks would bottom out.. anyway didn't mean to thread jack you I just don't understand why everyone here is so behind Beltech I agree they are a great company I have used there kits in the past just think they missed the boat on the Rams....