View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
sowardcustoms will become famous soon enoughsowardcustoms will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RAM EM View Post
Because price comparison is'nt even close once you factor in decent shocks. Stock shocks are not designed to to operate in a lowered position. They will fail, it's just a matter of when, not if.
I don't agree what are you going to pay for the relocator bracket when or if BT ever comes out with one? I doubt they are just going to ship them for free.. I have bought four Mcgaughys kits in the past five years and have never had a problem with the factory shocks.. I dont think you are giving these oem shocks a chance they are much better than they were in the past. I have worked in chrysler parts on the tech counter for 15 years and have never seen one fail on lowered applications.. My father has a 2008 Ram with almost 90,000 miles with a Mcgaughys 2-4 drop still has the same factory shocks never had one fail.. The only time I personally have seen one fail is on extreme drops or airbag dropped trucks. Had a 1998 frontier with airbags in the front relocated Beltech shocks and they failed because I drove it to low all the time and the shocks would bottom out.. anyway didn't mean to thread jack you I just don't understand why everyone here is so behind Beltech I agree they are a great company I have used there kits in the past just think they missed the boat on the Rams....