View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZach View Post
Does Sonnax sell a kit with every part you just said? Would you recommended just buying that upgraded servo?
I know that Sonnax sells what they call the "Sure Cure" kit, it includes a throttle valve, 4 spool switch valve, pressure regulator, and manual valve along with some other valves. It might be cheaper to buy the sure cure kit and the front servo kit, use what you need and sell the rest on ebay.
I forgot to mention the 4-spool switch valve, this valves helps eliminate lockup shudder and helps with converter fluid flow to keep the converter from overheating. Anyways the things that I usually replace on builds other than the clutches, seals, bearings, bushings, and so on are as listed:
a. 4-Spool Switch Valve (Note that some valve bodies aren't 4-spool)
b. Manual Valve
c. Pressure Regulator Valve
d. Throttle valve (I replace this because with the RH series, shift points are set hydraulically not electronically) I also like having a steel tip plunger instead of the stock aluminum tip.
e. Front Servo Assembly
f. Accumulator Piston (Depends...)

It's an expensive list (relative to the money in my pocket) but you basically bullet proof the transmission and correct so many issues.