View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Fleet
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:47
Okiespaniels is on a distinguished road

Sure...

Lift wise, there's really not a cheap route. You want a decent riding suspension that doesn't destroy your handling or cause other components to wear too quickly.

For lower end stuff, rough country makes about the least expensive and complete package. A 5inch setup should have new front coils, a rear add a leaf (not blocks), longer front control arms to recenter your axle and something to work with recentering the track bar, although I can tell you from experience you'll want to replace it with a better design.

On the other end, a company called Dodge Off road makes higher end stuff that is designed to take the worst punishment of honest off roading.

Later rims will fit your truck but they are designed for 9/16 lugs, not the 1/2 inch ones your truck comes with. You can't convert, and though a lot of guys run thier original lugs with the newer rims I find that a bit unnerving.

Lastly, as performance mods..yes you'll need one. And its a biggie. 4:56 gears. Oh you can waste a alot of money on bolt on motor mods and the like, but until you gear down, you'll not only be down on power, but your mileage will be in the gutter.

I'd install the suspension, run 33's and put up with the marginal performance loss. Next install the gears, then tires.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 10-25-2012 at 11:56 PM.