View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cordless drill & impact driver recommendations...

I've been a Makita man all my life when it comes to cordless.

Back this past Spring, I purchased an entire line of Makita cordless tools [18V 3.0AMP lithium-ion and VERY happy] minus the cordless impact driver and drill. I already had them from about three years back. In those three years or a little longer, while they worked near flawlessly until recently, I've gone through about four 18V 1.5AMP lithium-ion batteries. Makita cordless are nortorious for poor battery longevity, and I've had enough paying for batteries as, those who have had to purchase lithium-ion batteries can attest to, they're not cheap.

On top of that, both the impact driver and the cordless drill have starting losing their "oomph" within the last six months or so. I'm going to try something different this time as far as cordless drill/driver goes.

My research over the last couple of weeks or so keeps bringing me back to the "new" 20V Lithium-ion DeWalt Cordless and the 18V M18 Lithium-ion Milwaukee line of tools.

DeWalt left a sour taste in my mouth about two years ago when a newly purchased cordless brad nailer [that I still have] died in the backside after app. 7 months of use. DeWalt's custome service - in trying to get a replacement - was absolutely HORRIBLE and I swore at the time I wouldn't touch their garbage ever again..... however I hear their new 20V line is "the duck's guts." I've never owned Milwaukee's line of tools.

I'm a weekend handyman [though my wife will argue to the contrary] and will go withut starting a tool for six months, at times. I'm after bang-4-bucks and longevity is a priority.

Anyone have recommendations?

Grub out!
Sponsored links