View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 12:54 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

In my line of work I use cordless tools almost exclusively. The only things I have with cords are tools that are not yet available in cordless. I'm sure there is at least one obscure brand of cordless tool that I have never owned, but I cannot think of any of the top of my head.

I am a Makita fan, but do not own any of their cordless at this time. I drifted from them 15 years ago when they had those horrible orange 12V batteries that wouldn't hold a charge long enough to tighten the chuck with the trigger.

DeWalt - They are Yellow for a reason.

Milwaukee - My personal favorite because the tool itself is absolutely top shelf. The batteries have come a long way and their current M18 batteries appear to be solid. Their M12 stuff is great but the battery chargers are finicky. Their older 18V stuff is great but the batteries suck, even the V18 Li-ion ones.

Ridgid - These are a decent tool with a warranty that beats all. I know have a rather extensive collection of their tools and have utilized the warranty to cover the batteries. No hassle at all; I like that in a warranty. The tools are not Milwaukee, but are very capable and remind me of me of Makita tools of 10-15 years ago.

The other brands of cordless tools are not worth mentioning IMO, as they either are too 'consumer grade' for me to consider or should be 'Yellow' as well.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI