Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
acs0424 is on a distinguished road
Default 98' Chevy 1500

So I met up with my buddy for a midnight release at a gamestop....I actually just ended up meeting him there by chance. Nonetheless, he liked my truck. And he had the 98' Chevy 1500 mentioned in the title. He got his game a few people before me so he started home earlier, but I ended up catching up with him at a light. Asked him if he wanted to go, and he agreed. Light goes green, we both hammer it. Honestly, I was expecting to blow him away off the line. But I didn't pull away until about 75. His truck has a 5.7 chevy crate motor in it if I recall correctly, and I know with him being a regular cab he's a good bit lighter on the weight side of things. In any case, this isn't as much of a kill as it should have been. Which leads me to a couple questions.

1) Anyone know much about those chevy 5.7 crate motors? I knew he had it, but his truck was a 98' and really wasn't expecting him to keep up with me for as long as he did. Only had half a car, if that, on him.

2) Is there a proper way to "launch" our rams? I'm still learning with it (got it recently) so all I did was floor it. Did I miss something?

Come spring time I won't have this problem but if anyone could answer my questions that'd be much appreciated. I'll notch this one in the win column, but just barely.
Sponsored links