Old 10-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
acs0424 is on a distinguished road

Wow, didn't know that about the 5.7. That would explain why he kept up! And yeah, I can spin the wheels from a stop (actually during this race, both of us spun our wheels for about 5 seconds before making any real progress) but I do notice way more pulling power once I'm moving.

I plan to get a tuner, cold air intake, and exhaust come spring time. Should be putting close to 400 HP and 430 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels, so I shouldn't barely win again

And regarding driving the truck hard, thanks for the tip. I'm well aware it's a hell of a lot different than just about every other vehicle out there to drive. I usually take it easy but sometimes I can't resist beating another truck

In any case, thanks for the info on the 5.7 crate motors. Considering the motor and the weight difference, I definitely understand why he was able to keep up with me.

Another question for y'all - does dropping it into 2 or 1 do anything to make it faster off the line or something? I've read a few threads where people mention this and they end up blowing people away.