View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I think people sell the used oem dual muffler, tailpipes, and tips for something like $200 usually. You could easily install that yourself in your driveway with no special tools. Then go to an exhaust shop and have them swap the muffler. They would probably charge you something like $100 for the muffler(say maybe magnaflow) and probably less than $100 for labor. Or you could buy the mufflex kit(uses a magnaflow) and bolt the muffler on yourself. It's a little over $200 IIRC for the mufflex kit. At that point though....maybe look for a magnaflow or similar cat back kit because I think they can be had for ~$500+ and if you are spending ~$400+ on used stuff maybe the kit would be a better option for you.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.