Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
Dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyHemi View Post
I have a K&N air intake and the laramie dual exhaust. I'm plannin on getting the diablo predator... Is it really worth the 3-400$ though?
Depending on how much you drive, the gas mileage improvements could pay for the predator. I commute about 1600 miles per month, so an increase of 3 mpg or so saves me around $50 a month. I've heard that the 93 tune will yield around 3 mpg improvement- I haven't been able to tell that yet, partly because I haven't been able to keep off the go pedal as much as I should since getting the predator last week, and partly because I've been messing around with the 87 tune and doing some data logging with that.

As I mentioned, I got the predator last week, and I love it so far. Things like being able to adjust a bunch of different parameters, data logging (either saved to the predator, watched real time on your PC, or stored straight to your PC), and the ability to save custom tunes if you mod your truck and get a custom tune later are all really valuable features to me.