Old 11-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

Nice guage setup. Might be a good idea to design it with a little removable cover or such. Depending on how you use your truck, the face of that guage might be fairly susceptible to damage. In other applications, maybe nothing to worry about. I have a ViAir off road portable compressor too that I've always carried for tires on my truck and trailer. Great item. However, the Airlift 1000 bags which I also have on my '12 Express require very little air volume and pressure. I'm a mountainbiker too, and I just use one of my decent bike pumps to air up my Airlifts. It only takes a few strokes, and is a lot quicker than uncoiling my ViAir unit. I have my schrader valves located just like the OP's setup but have two valves to keep the bags independent of each other to address the possibility of body roll. I've thought about modding up an onboard compressor, but these bags loose so little pressure over time that it just hasn't been worth it. And using the bicycle pump to air up the bags takes so little time and effort. I just go back from a 3000 mile trip towing my 5500 pound travel trailer. When we'd stay in an area more than one night, I'd let the air down to about 10 psi for a smoother ride, and then air them back up when preparing to hook up to the trailer. These bags have a max pressure of 30 psi with very little volume. It takes nothing to air them up with a bike pump...and most good bike pumps have a quality gauge built in. Not knocking the OP's method, as it will work great. Just throwing out another option for the same type of setup.