Old 11-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 97 ram
Trim Level: RCSB sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
Oldskoolram is on a distinguished road

I love these stories,smokin some fool with his girl is always the best. I never back down from a challange unless i see the popo, but my truck isnt pretty,or very fast. It is somewhat loud and maybe that is why i get alot of come-ons. Most people see my 97 RCSB with black primered nose and fenders with all the little dings and stock rollers,as well as the V8 magnum badges and dont realize that this beast has the 360 in it. Its usually to thier surprise that I'm still there next to them till about 70 then she runs out of pull, But off the line they are like"what,are you serious". When I "play" at the light, I will shift to 1,and power brake it to about 1500 to 1750(best guess)RPM to preload the suspension. Then when the light turns green, let off the brake and roll on the gas steady so as not to spin the tires. Then once she is rollin I drop the hammer and shift up at about 4800 to 5000 RPM becuase even manually shifting it still takes the trans a split second to shift up. When i get a posi and gears installed this method will have to be played with for the new setup. But the look is always priceless.