View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv View Post
hi everyone this is my first post. i dont know if im posting in the rite section or not lol but here goes. i have a 1995 ram 1500 2 wheel drive. first ram ive ever owned and i love it. had a couple small isues with tps codes and o2 sensors codes i changed the o2 sensor and cleaned out the iac valve. the codes that i gave the auto parts store said the code was tps related could be anything on throttle body tho. after that i ran codes again and its holding the 37 but light hasnt came back on yet. now this can mean different things from the same year i was told. like if its got a tow package and trans temp sensor could throw that code but thats only on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks i think and mines a 1/2 ton so im confused. the truck every once in a while will start spitting sputtering maybe a little back firing loss of power. so i pull over and after a minute or two it clears up. doesnt matter if its hot or cold or im driving 25 or 65 its just so random. so if anyone can shed some light on the sputtering thing or the 37 code what it actually means i would greatly apreciate it thanks.
Don't worry about the code for the temp sensor thing, it's a useless code. I get it too and it doesn't matter for our 1995 ECM's. I have a 2500 series chassis, the ECM in the van is the same as the pickup just so you know. Everything in the van is the same as the pickup except the body.

Anyways, the sputtering can be a result of a bad fuel pump so check that, should read above 40 PSI at the fuel rail for proper operation. Should be very close to 43 PSI. Gauge pressure of course. Next thing it could be a faulty EGR that is sticking. Could be many things but these are a couple things I would check with first. Especially with the sputtering, sounds fuel related.